The busy life of a full time employee, student, mom and wife

Monday, April 16, 2012

Vacation countown

In 21 days, Brandon and I will be on a plane, jetting across the Pacific ocean to the Hawaiian island of Maui to celebrate our third year of marriage. Not that I'm counting or anything... who am I kidding, I am literally counting down the days. Do you have kids? Then you understand. I love my kids more than life itself. I would do anything for them, I would go hungry so they could eat, I would go cold so they would be warm, any need they may have, I'm there to fulfill. But sometimes, even to my surprise, I remember that I'm still a human with....get this...my own needs too. I know, crazy right? One of those needs is to get the hell out of town sometimes. I need occasional breaks from life to stay sane. I haven't had one of those breaks in far too long, so we decided this year that we're taking a vacation. A kid free vacation. When I actually speak logistics about being away from my kids for 6 days my anxiety sky rockets. But then I remember where we're going. I daydream of peaceful meals without battles, of naps... taken by me! I daydream of beautiful crystal blue waters on the beach right outside our vacation condo. I think about the fact that we can do what we want, when we want, for as long as we want. We aren't working on the whims of a bored baby, or to avoid the meltdown of a sleepy toddler. No, we will be doing nothing other than whatever the hell we want. And I remember that my kids will be in the very loving and capable hands of wolves my sister, and I know that they'll be just fine.

The condos we're staying in

We're staying just outside of Lahaina at a beachfront resort. We decided since we don't vacation often and its for our anniversary to go all out and actually booked a beach front room. We plan to embarrass ourselves at some surf lessons, hopefully get lost on the road to Hana, and over indulge at a Luau. Other than that we're keeping our schedule open. I plan to drift. Maybe I'll drink a bottle of wine and pass out fall asleep on the beach. Or maybe we'll go snorkeling. Or maybe we'll whale watch. Or maybe we'll just cruise and walk around Lahaina. I don't know what we do and honestly I don't care. As long as I'm in paradise with my husband, I'm happy. 21 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment