The busy life of a full time employee, student, mom and wife

Monday, June 25, 2012

Relay for Life

This past weekend was our Relay for Life, and overall I'd say it went well. A few hiccups here and there but nothing that couldn't be overcome. Like the fact that my mom literally bombared me before I was even out of the car telling me I needed to go up on the stage and introduce our team because all of the team capitans had been called up. And the fact that I made it a whole two sentences into my introduction before I started crying and finished my intro talking in such a high pitch im sure no one could understand me. I may have summoned a dog or two with that pitch.
Our camp with our team name sign. Walk to Remember.
This year we went to a different Relay than we normally do. Each town has thier own Relay and this year our usual Relay fell on my moms birthday, so we signed up with a neighboring town. This Relay wasn't quite as intimate as our usual one was, but it got the job done. I walked 9 miles and as a team we raised about $600, so I would say it was a success!

Every year it has been me, my mom, my sister, my husband, and all the kids who have gone, but this year we were joined by my aunt and her daughter in law. It meant a lot that they came out to support us. Sometimes I forget that it's not just my immediate family that hurts over the loss of my brother. Seeing my aunt this weekend reminded me that other people hurt for him too. I'm just really glad we are able to do this every year, to show him we haven't forgotten him and his fight and that we're still fighting for him too.

Our team!

Anthony, showin why we're there

Rememberence flags

My little family

My luminaria bag

No comments:

Post a Comment